What is Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend is a weekend event in cities around the world. A highly motivated group of developers, business managers, startup enthusiasts, marketing gurus, graphic artists and more meet and in a short 54 hour event work on building projects out. It is very much like an unconference, where the attendees show decide the outcome of the experience
Is this event for me?
No matter your current occupation and background, if you like entrepreneurship and the prospect of developing a business idea during a weekend then this event is for you.
Startup Weekend recruits a highly motivated group of developers, business managers, startup enthusiasts, marketing gurus, graphic artists, students and more to a 54 hour event that builds communities, companies and projects. It is an amazing opportunity to connect with other passionate and skilled individuals, and perhaps even find a co-founder or two to transform your idea into reality.
Should I expect to launch a Startup in one Weekend?
That is generally the goal but launching and incorporating are totally up to the teams that are put together at the start of the event. The excitement of launching makes the weekend thrilling. Go for it!
Are there any prerequisites?
Absolutely not. If you’re at least 18 just bring your enthusiasm!
Can I develop any idea?
Yes. The stage is yours!
What if I don’t have any idea?
There is no problem. You will have the chance to meet, join someone else’s idea and contribute with your know-how.
I already have an idea but not a group. Is that a problem?
Definitely not. You will have the chance to meet other people and form a team in the first day.
I already have an idea and a group. Is that ok?
Sure. Bring it on!
Is there any pre-selection of ideas?
No, we welcome every idea. Nevertheless the best ideas will be selected by the jury panel in the first day of activities.
What if my idea is not selected by the jury after the first day pitches?
Then you’ll have to join someone else’s idea. Don’t worry, there will be plenty!
How much are the tickets?
20€ for students
40€ for professionals
What does it include?
- Full participation
- Access to the coworking space at Coworklisboa from 19h00 pm Friday 18th nonstop till the end of the event, Sunday at 21h00 pm
- Attention from investors and well-known entrepreneurs
- Participant’s PACK – with a lot of good things for entrepreneurs
What does it not include?
- Main meals – Quarto com Vista cafeteria will be opened to participants offering Lunch and Dinner for a very low price
Where can I buy the tickets?
What is the deadline to buy the tickets?
DEADLINE EXTENDED November 18th.
Can I have a discount code?
- If you are a student you have a 50% discount on the ticket. Just write STUDENT at the promotional code space and show us your student card at the door on the first day.
- If you have already bought a ticket for Silicon Valley Comes to Lisbon, you are also eligible for a 50% discount. Just e-mail us and we will give you the promotional code.
Where will the event be hosted?
At Coworklisboa, at LX Factory, Rua Rodrigues Faria, 103 Edifício I – 4º Piso 1300-501 Lisboa.
Are there winners?
We prefer to call it “Best Ideas” – some teams will be awarded according to different categories.
Are there any prizes?
Yes. But we call them “Incentives”. The best ideas will officially be awarded at the last day of the event.
Here are a few Incentives for you to participate in this event:
- ZON | €1000 for the 1st place.
- Coworklabs| 3 months of cowering space for the 2nd place.
- Amazon Web Resources | $50 for all participants and $200 for the winners
- Twillio | $50 for all participants
Is Startup Weekend A Company?
Yes, Startup Weekend is a startup in its own. The company and Trademark are used to make sure the quality of each Startup Weekend.
What Happens Once The Weekend Ends?
Above all, we hope that a strong community bond will form. Beyond that, it depends on the group. Past weekends have seen groups work beyond the weekend and continue to build and market their products. Several projects have incorporated as companies and a few have raised angel rounds.